- Yield: 22 ruby rose desserts
Ruby Rose Dessert
Recipe courtesy of Sean Dwyer, Executive Pastry Chef, Hamilton Harbor Yacht Club (Naples, Fla.)
- Ingredients for the Citrus Bavaroise
- half and half - 200 gms.
- egg yolks - 64 gms.
- granulated sugar - 100 gms.
- gelatin silver - 6 sheets
- whipped cream - 560 gms., soft peaks
- powdered sugar - 100 gms.
- vanilla bean - 1 ea.
- lemon zest - 1 ea.
- orange zest - 1 ea.
- Ingredients for the Toasted Almond Sponge
- whites - 135 gms.
- sugar - 45 gms.
- powdered sugar - 110 gms.
- toasted almond flour - 110 gms.
- Ingredients for the Raspberry Gel
- raspberry purée - 375 gms.
- agar agar - 4 gms.
- sugar - 65 gms.
- Ingredients for the Cream Cheese Sorbet
- water - 115 gms.
- sugar - 85 gms.
- glucose - 60 gms.
- cream cheese - 340 gms., room temperature
- lemon zest - 1 ea.
- vanilla bean - 1 ea., split and scraped
- Ingredients for the Ruby Chocolate Shell
- ruby chocolate - 500 gms.
- cocoa butter - 15 gms.
- Ingredients for the Almond Crumble
- almond flour - 150 gms.
- all-purpose flour - 150 gms.
- sugar - 150 gms.
- butter unsalted - 150 gms.
- salt - 5 gms.
- Ingredients for the Meringue Stem
- egg whites - 150 gms.
- sugar - 300 gms.
Procedure for the Citrus Bavaroise
- Mix together half and half, granulated sugar, vanilla bean split and scraped in a pot.
- Heat until simmering, then temper into yolks.
- Cook mixture to 180° F, strain.
- Cover with plastic wrap, and cool to 110° F.
- Add gelatin sheets after soaking into ice water and squeezing out excess water.
- Whip cream with lemon and orange zest and powdered to soft peaks.
- Fold vanilla yolk mixture into the whip cream. Pour 50 gms. into rose mold with ruby chocolate in it.
Procedure for the Toasted Almond Sponge
- Whip whites with sugar to medium peaks.
- Sift powdered sugar and toasted almond flour.
- Fold almond mixture into whites.
- Bake at 350° F on a half-sheet tray 15 mins or until golden brown.
- Cool and cut into 2 1/2-inch rounds.
- Put on top of raspberry gel. Then freeze mold.
Procedure for the Raspberry Gel
- In a small pot, bring purée, agar agar and sugar to a boil.
- Refrigerate until cool before processing in a blender until smooth.
- Pipe 20 grams into a 1 1/2-inch round silicone muffin mold and freeze, then unmold. Put into bravaroise in center of mold.
Procedure for the Cream cheese sorbet
- Bring water, sugar, vanilla, and glucose to a boil. Chill in refrigerator.
- In a bowl, put lemon zest and cream cheese in, and pour cooled syrup into and blend until smooth.
- Process in an ice cream machine. Quenelle on top of almond crumble.
Procedure for the Ruby Chocolate Shell
- Temper chocolate and pour into six-cavity jumbo rose silicon mold made by homEdge.
- Let set completely.
Procedure for the Almond Crumble
- In a mixing bowl with a paddle, mix together all ingredients. Paddle until a crumble texture forms.
- Put on a sheet tray, and bake at 350° F until golden brown. Cool and grind. Spoon underneath sorbet.
Procedure for the Meringue Stem
- Whip together until stiff peaks form and add green color with a round-tip pipe.
- Unmold frozen rose dessert, and put on plate.
- Pipe stem with round piping tip.
- Garnish with raspberries.
- Put almond crumble down.
- Quenelle sorbet on top of crumble.