- Yield: 10
Miso Roast Salmon with Sesame Pressed Cured Cucumbers & Smoked Char Roe
Recipe courtesy of Brian Beland, CMC, Executive Chef, Country Club of Detroit, Grosse Pointe Farms, Mich.
- For Miso Roast Salmon
- white miso - 1 lb.
- mirin - 5 fl. oz.
- sake - 5 fl. oz.
- soy - 4 fl. oz.
- lemon zest - 1 ea.
- lime zest - 1 ea.
- salmon - 4 lbs.
- For Sesame Pressed Cucumber
- seedless cucumber - 3 ea.
- kosher salt - 1 Tbsp.
- toasted sesame seeds, white - 1 tsp.
- toasted sesame seeds, black - 2 tsps.
- sesame oil - 1 tsp.
- rice vinegar - 1 Tbsp.
- mirin - 2 tsp.
- For Radish Salad
- assorted radish - 1 cup, shaved
- daikon radish sprouts - 1/2 cup
- purple leaf radish, micro green - 1/2 cup
- scallion - 1/2 cup, shaved
- sambal - 1/2 tsp.
- lemon juice - to taste
- black garlic molasses - to taste
- sea salt - to taste
- Plate Components
- miso marinated salmon - 10 ea., 6-oz portions
- sesame pressed cucumbers - 3 cups
- radish salad - 2 cups
- Smoked Char Roe - 4 ozs.
- For Miso Roast Salmon: Combine all the ingredients for the marinade, mix well. Coat the salmon filet for a minimum of 6 hours and up to 12 hours. Preheat oven at 450°F. Remove from marinade, remove excess marinade and roast in the oven on an oiled wood plank or roasting tray. Cook to a medium doneness
- For Sesame Pressed Cucumber: Wash and shave cucumber into 1/16 inch thick slices on a Japanese Madeline. Add salt and toss cucumber, cover and refrigerate 12 – 18 hours. Press cucumbers to remove all liquid. Save juice for another use, place dry cumbers into a clean bowl. Add final seasoning ingredients to the pressed cucumbers and toss even.
- For Radish Salad: Wash and cut assorted radishes. Wash and prep radish sprouts and micro greens. Gently Toss all components together, seasoning with lemon, black garlic molasses and Sea Salt.