Coconut on the Beach
Recipe courtesy of Sean Dwyer, Pastry Chef, Hamilton Harbor Yacht Club, Naples, Fla.,
- For coconut mousse
- gelatin sheets (silver) - 16 g
- coconut purée - 500 g
- powdered sugar - 120 g
- whipped cream - 500 g (soft peaks)
- For Mango Compote
- mango - 200 g, small dice
- sugar - 75 g
- mango puree - 50 g
- lime zest - 1 ea.
- For Milk Chocolate Shell
- milk chocolate - 300 g
- canola oil - 55 g
- cocoa butter - 250 g
- For coconut mousse: Soak gelatin until softened, squeeze out extra water and set aside. Bring purée, and sugar to a boil. Stir in gelatin until melted. Set mixture aside to cool until 95°F. Fold into cream put into mold immediately.
- For Mango Compote: Combine and refrigerate overnight.
- For Milk Chocolate Shell: Melt all ingredients to 40°C.
- To assemble: Fill Joho baking 3D sphere mold with coconut mousse and freeze overnight. Unmold. Dip the frozen mousse three times to make sure it has an even shell. Using a metal brush, scrape the sides to create a coconut-like shell. Heat up a Mellon baller and scoop out center of mousse after it has thawed. Spoon in compote before serving.