Recipe courtesy of Sean Dwyer, Pastry Chef, Hamilton Harbor Yacht Club, Naples, Fla.,
- For Pear Mousse
- gelatin sheets (silver) - 16 g.
- pear purée - 500 g.
- powdered sugar - 120 g.
- whipped cream - 500 g.
- For Pear Compote
- pear - 200 g., small dice
- sugar - 50 g.
- vanilla bean - 1 ea.
- sauternes wine - 50 g.
- For White Chocolate Shell
- white chocolate - 200 g.
- cocoa butter - 200 g.
- green cocoa butter - to taste
- For Pear Mousse: Soak gelatin until softened, squeeze out extra water and set aside. Bring purée and sugar to a boil. Stir in gelatin until melted. Set mixture aside to cool until 95°F. Fold into cream immediately.
- For Pear Compote: Sauté pear, vanilla, and sugar until pears are soft. Add wine and simmer for 1-2 mins. Fill opco kitchen 3D mini ball mold and freeze then unmold.
- For White Chocolate Shell: Melt chocolate and cocoa butter together to 40°C. Add melted green cocoa butter to proper color is achieved.
- To assemble: Fill ocpo kitchen pear mold 3/4 of the way full and insert frozen pear compote in the center of mold. Smooth the top with mousse then freeze. Unmold then dip the frozen pear into the chocolate shell. Spray with red can cocoa spray and add chocolate stem to finish.