- Yield: 6 servings
Strawberry Ahi Salad
Recipe courtesy of Troy Tolbert, Executive Chef, San Luis Obispo (Calif.) CC.
- spinich - 8 cups
- jicama - 1/2 cup
- cucumber - 1/2 cup, peeled, seeded and diced
- pea sprouts - 1 cup
- radish - 1/2 cup, watermelon julienne
- strawberries - 1 cup, sliced
- ahi - 12 ozs. (Honolulu Fish Co.)
- For the vinaigrette
- pink peppercorn - 1 Tbsp.
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- fennel pollen - 1 tsp.
- white balsamic vinegar - 1/3 cup
- grape seed oil - 1 cup
- lemon zest - 1 Tbsp.
- chives - 2 Tbsps.
- italian parsley - 2 Tbsps.
- Heat 2 ozs. olive oil in cast-iron skillet; sear seasoned ahi evenly on all sides. Chill immediately and set aside.
- Mix together all vinaigrette ingredients (except chives and parsley) with immersion hand blender, and set aside.
- Mix together all salad ingredients in large bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Add herbs to vinaigrette and mix well.
- Dress the side of the bowl of salad; mix and gently fold together.
- Place a portion of salad on a plate.
- Slice chilled ahi and place on salad.