Recipe courtesy of Wes Tyler, WCMC, CEC, CCA, Executive Chef, The Club at Carlton Woods
- beef tenderloin - 1 lb., center Cut
- mushroom duxelle - 15 oz. (ingredients below)
- prosciutto - 6 oz., sliced
- puff pastry sheets - 2 ea.
- egg yolks - 2 ea.
- ginger sweet potato purée - 3 oz.
- broccolini - 3 oz.
- demi-glace - 2 oz.
- pea tendrils - garnish
- Mushroom Duxelle
- baby bella mushrooms - 225 gms.
- white onions - 50 gms.
- thyme - 1 sprig
- rosemary - 1 sprig
- garlic - 20 gms.
- whole butter - 50 gms.
- heavy cream - 115 gms.
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
Procedure for Beef Wellington:
- Season beef with salt and pepper. Sear on high heat with butter, rosemary, thyme, garlic. Let rest.
- Separately, mince mushrooms and sauté with onions, thyme, rosemary, garlic, salt, pepper, whole butter. Once tender, add heavy cream and reduce. Remove from heat. Chill.
- On parchment paper, lay out prosciutto, spread a thin layer of Duxelle, and place beef in the center.
- Wrap tenderloin in prosciutto and Duxelle. Let chill 12-24 hours.
- Gently rollout puff pastry dough sheet, and brush with egg wash.
- Place encased beef in center and fold over puff pastry. Trim excess, leaving the seam on the bottom.
- Brush wellington with eggwash, place lattice pastry on top, and brush lightly one additional time.
- Preheat oven and use the meat in pastry function to complete cooking process. Let rest once complete.
Procedure for Ginger Sweet Potato Purée:
- Peel sweet potatoes and ginger root, and cut into large-diced cubes.
- Simmer in water until tender. Strain.
- Purée potatoes and ginger. Pass through sieve.
- Season and serve.