grilled octopus brochette, citrus leeks, basil mojo
Recipe courtesy of Thomas Connell, Executive Chef, The Club at Admirals Cove (Jupiter, Fla.)
- Place whole octopus in sous vide bag.
- Seal the bag with 50 mls. of white wine, 2 whole cleaned leeks, citrus rinds, peppercorns, basil, bay leaf, coarse salt.
- Cook the octopus in combi oven or in a bath at 140°F for 5 hours. Remove and chill in the bag.
- Slice octopus into cubes.
- Cut the leeks in long ½-inch then 1-inch pieces.
- Assemble brochettes with octopus and leeks.
- Marinate brochettes in olive oil, basil and citrus.
- Grill to order and serve with warm confit potatoes and drizzle basil mojo.
Procedure for Basil Mojo
- Blanch 1 bunch of basil and parsley in water, shock and press dry.
- Blend herbs with olive oil and reserve.