- Yield: 4 servings
Recipe courtesy of Chef Mauro Zanusso, Jové Kitchen & Bar at the Four Seasons Resort Palm Beach (Fla.)
- quail eggs - 8
- cold coffee - 1 cup
- cherry tomatoes - 1 pint
- rosemary leaves - 1 Tbsp., chopped
- garlic cloves - 2, minced
- olive oil - 2 Tbsps.
- tonnato sauce - 1/2 cup, recipe follows
- veal loin - 2 1/2 lbs.
- celery stalks - 1 or 2
- carrot - 1 medium
- onion - 1 medium
- fried capers - 1 1/2 ozs.
- lemon zest - 1
- mixed micro-salad greens - 1 cup
- For tonnato sauce
- mayonnaise - 1/2 cup
- albacore tuna - 1 7-oz. can, packed in brine
- anchovies - 4
- capers - 1/2 tsp.
- Cook the quail eggs in boiling, salted water for about three minutes. Place them in the cold coffee for 10 hours. Clean, shell and reserve in the refrigerator.
- Season the tomatoes with salt, olive oil, herbs and garlic. Place on a tray and dry them in the oven at 250 degrees for about three hours.
- Cook the veal in a simmering water bath with the onion, carrot and celery for one hour and let it rest in the stock. Drain the capers well and fry them in hot oil. Clean the celery stalks from the fibers and season with salt and lemon zest.
- When the veal is cold, remove it from the stock and cut it into thin slices.
For tonnato sauce:
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor and blend.
- Place the tonnato sauce on the bottom of the dish, add thin slices of veal.
- Season with olive oil and salt; add tomatoes, fried capers and thin slices of celery.
- Garnish with mixed micro-salad greens.