Korean Fried Ribs
Recipe courtesy of by Samuel Faggetti, Executive Chef, Bellerive Country Club, St. Louis, Mo.
- Ingredients for Ribs and Marinade:
- baby back ribs - 4 slabs, cleaned
- soy sauce - 2 cups
- lime juice - 2 cups
- water - 2 cups
- blended oil - 2 cups
- shallots - 4 ozs., chopped
- ginger - 4 ozs., chopped
- green onions - 4 ozs., chopped
- Ingredients for Korean Barbecue Sauce:
- Thai sweet chili sauce - 16 ozs.
- gochujang Korean pepper paste - 4 ozs.
- honey - 1/2 cup
- white sesame seeds - 2 Tbsps., toasted
- black sesame seeds - 2 Tbsps., toasted
- lime juice - 2 ozs.
- soy sauce - 1/2 cup
- sesame oil - 1/2 cup
- pineapple juice - 1/2 cup
Procedure for Ribs and Marinade:
- Combine all ingredients and marinate ribs for 24 hours.
- Remove ribs from marinade, place into a hotel pan and slow-cook at 225º F. for 4 to 6 hours, or until tender. Reserve and cool down before cutting into individual ribs.
Procedure for Korean Barbecue Sauce:
- Mix all ingredients and reserve.
- Fry ribs at 350º F. in fryer for 2 to 3 minutes or until crispy, to reach a temperature of 165º F.
- Toss into Korean barbecue sauce.
- Garnish ribs with toasted sesame seeds and chopped scallions.