- Yield: 10 small plates
Citrus Crab, Lobster, Mango and Avocado Tian with Cucumber Carpaccio
Recipe courtesy of Frank Priore, Executive Chef, Westmoreland Club, Wilkes-Barre, Pa.
- lobster - 3 1/2 lbs, Maine or Canadian, poached, picked and chunky cut
- jumbo lump crab - 20 ozs., or Peeky Toe crab meat
- avocado - 3, ripe
- mango - 1, sliced, ripe
- English cucumber - 1/3, washed and sliced into thin rounds
- limes - 3, filleted and juiced
- oranges - 2, filleted and juiced
- citrus dressing - 5-6 ozs.
- fresh fennel flowers - for garnish
- dill - for garnish
- chervil - for garnish
- decorative garden herbs - for garnish
- Citrus Dressing
- fresh lime juice - 1/4 cup
- fresh lemon juice - 1/8 cup
- dijon mustard - 1 Tbsp.
- shallot - 1/2
- honey - 2 Tbsp.
- sea salt - to taste
- fresh ground pepper - to taste
- olive oil - 2 cups, first press
For Crab, Lobsterm Mango and Avocado Tian with Cucumber Carpaccio
- Place lobster meat, crab and mango in a bowl over an ice bath.
- Place citrus juices in a flat stainless pan and thinly slice avocados into the juices until coated.
- Add avocado and enough citrus dressing to coat into the seafood mix.
- In 10 metal or plastic 3-inch round tian molds, build the tians, using 4 ozs. of the seafood/avocado mixture in each. Chill for a few hours.
- To present, lay the cucumber carpaccio and citrus fillets either linear on a rectangular or square plate, or in a circle in the middle of a round plate. Place the tian down and garnish with flowers, herbs and/or microgreens.
For Citrus Dressing
- In a plastic or stainless container, place juices, Dijon, shallot and honey or sugar. Using an immersion blender, turn on high and slowly add oil to incorporate. Season to taste. Chill.