Goat Cheese Crème Brulée
Recipe courtesy of James Haberstroh, Executive Chef, Glen Ridge Country Club, Glen Ridge, N.J.
- Bring milk and cream to a boil.
- Whisk egg yolks and maple syrup until the yolks are white and frothy.
- Temper cream and milk to egg yolk mixture.
- Add goat cheese and puree.
- Transfer the mixture to six ramekins.
- Cook in a combi oven at 280˚ with 65% moisture for 12 minutes.
- Let chill for approximately 2 hours.
- To caramelize the tops, sprinkle coarse sugar evenly over the crème. Caramelize gently with a blowtorch.