Lavender Honey Madeleines
Recipe courtesy of Katie McAllister, Pastry Chef, Winged Foot Golf Club (Mamaroneck, N.Y.)
- Crush the lavender and melt over low heat with the butter. Allow to steep in butter for 15 minutes.
- Strain the lavender from the butter.
- Whip eggs and sugar together until pale and eggs reach ribbon stage.
- Add in vanilla.
- Stir in the dry ingredients.
- Mix in strained butter last.
- Chill mixture for at least two hours or overnight before baking.
- Bake in a Madeleine pan at 325° F until golden on top and the cake springs back when pressed—about 8 minutes depending on pan size.
- Cool Madeleines thoroughly before dipping in tempered white chocolate.
- Garnish with white chocolate flower if desired.