Geechie Boy Boursin Fried Grit Cake
Recipe Courtesy of Ben Simpkins, CEC, CCA, WCC, Executive Chef of The Dunes Golf and Beach Club
- milk - 2 cups
- chicken stock - 2 cups
- Geechie Boy Grits - 1 cup
- Kerrygold Butter - 4 ozs.
- salt - to taste
- hot sauce - 2 tsp.
- Boursin Cheese - 5.2 ozs.
- eggs - 2 ea.
- panko bread crumbs - 1 cup, fine
- Bring milk and chicken stock to a boil
- Add Geechie Boy Grits slowly whisking as adding
- Turn heat down and continue to cook and stir occasionally
- Taste after 30 minutes to see if they are done
- Add butter, salt, hot sauce, boursin and incorporate
- Place in desired flexy mold shape or plastic wrapped sheet pan (If in a sheet pan, let cool, pop it out and cut into desired shape.). Freeze
- Place grits in egg and then breadcrumbs
- Fry at 350°F for about 5 minutes or golden brown and hot inside. Season and serve.