CCB’s Fried Oysters
Recipe courtesy of Joe Piazza, Executive Chef, Country Club of Buffalo (N.Y.)
- oysters - 24 to 36 each
- buttermilk - 1 gallon
- kosher salt - 2/3 cup
- black pepper - 2 cups
- garlic powder - 2 cups
- onion powder - 2 cups
- Old Bay - 1/3 cup
- Tabasco - 2 cups
- all purpose flour - 4 qts.
- garlic powder - 2 ozs.
- onion powder - 2 ozs.
- Old Bay - 2 ozs.
- kosher salt - 1/3 cup
- black pepper - 1/3 cup
- cayenne pepper - 1 Tbsp.
- Shuck the oysters out of shell.
- Combine the marinade ingredients (buttermilk through Tabasco) in a bowl and mix well.
- Pour to cover the oyster and mix to make sure all of it is covered.
- Marinate for four hours.
- In a separate bowl, mix the breading flour ingredients together using a whisk.
- Taste the flour. It should be nicely seasoned.
- Drain the oyster in a perforated pan.
- Coat the oyster evenly in the flour mixture.
- Fry at 325°F until golden brown.
- Rest on raised rack and serve the original shell.