caramelized fig and ricotta crostini
Recipe courtesy of Gabriel DiLorenzo, Executive Chef, The Bedens Brook Club (Skillman, N.J.)
- Whip the ricotta in a mixing bowl with salt, pepper, orange zest and chopped basil for 3 to 5 minutes until soft and airy.
- Slice baguette. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and lightly grill baguette.
- Lightly coat figs in sugar and caramelize in oven for 5 mins at 400°F. Slice once cooled.
- Roast the pistachios in a sautée pan. Place the nuts in a dry skillet (no oil), over medium heat, shaking the pan and stirring often with a wooden spoon until the nuts are fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- In a bowl, juice the orange and mix with extra virgin olive oil to make dressing for arugula.
- Place the whipped ricotta on the grilled crostini, then add the sliced figs on top. Place the dressed arugula on plate, place the crostini on top of arugula, add roasted pistachios. Finish by drizzling the local honey and a little orange olive oil dressing.