- Yield: 1 portion
Recipe courtesy of Jen Landy, Executive Chef, Battleground Country Club (Manalapan, N.J.)
- U12 shrimp - 4 ea.
- Jersey tomato - 1 ea., seeds removed, small dice
- jalapeño - 1/4 ea., seeds & rib removed brunoise
- lime juice and zest - 1 ea.
- cilantro - 2 oz., chopped
- olive oil - 2 Tbsp.
- kosher salt - to taste
- black pepper - to taste
- Tabasco hot sauce - dash
- rainbow microgreens
- fried plantain chip
- Poach shrimp, cool, large dice.
- Marinate with lime juice and zest.
- Chop tomatoes and jalapeño.
- Add olive oil and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper to taste
Procedure for Fried Plantain Chips
- Slit plantain longways.
- Boil water. Turn off. Soak plantain for 20 minutes. Slip top and peel like a banana.
- Slice on mandolin longways.
- Deep fry at 350° F for 1 minute.
- Rest on cooling rack, and season with kosher salt.
Serve in chilled martini glass.