Recipe courtesy of Brandon Pomerson, Executive Chef, Hayfields Country Club (Hunt Valley, Md.)
- eggplant - 1 ea., about half in slices
- egg wash
- panko breadcrumbs, seasoned with salt and pepper
- granulated garlic
- Italian seasoning
- Whipped Ricotta
- whipped ricotta - 1 3 lb. tub
- honey - 3 oz.
- oil - 2 oz.
- Basil Vinaigrette
- basil - 2 cups
- garlic - 2 cloves
- red wine vinegar - 2 Tbsp.
- lemon juice - 2 tsp.
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- olive oil or blended oil - 1/2 cup
- baby spinach - can be added to give a brighter green color
- Arugula Salad
- cherry tomatoes
- pickled or regular red onions
- baby arugula
- olive oil
Procedure for Eggplant
- Use a standard breading procedure. Combine flour, egg wash, panko breadcrumbs seasoned with salt and pepper, granulated garlic and Italian seasoning.
- Deep fry until golden brown. Season after it comes out of fryer with salt and pepper.
Procedure for Basil Vinaigrette
- Blend basil, garlic, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Add oil to emulsify.
- Adjust seasonings.
Procedure for Arugula Salad
- Toss cherry tomatoes, pickled or regular red onions, baby arugula in olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Place a small circle of whipped ricotta on plate.
- Place arugula salad on one side of plate.
- Finish with eggplant slices arranged in front of salad.
- Drizzle with basil vinaigrette.