matcha green tea tiramisu
Recipe courtesy of Hyewon Kwon, Executive Pastry Chef, Broken Sound Club (Boca Raton, Fla.)
Procedure for Matcha Mascarpone Mousse:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg yolks and sugar.
- Place the bowl over a pot of simmering water, ensuring the bowl doesn't touch the water. Whisk continuously until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the mascarpone cheese until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, dissolve the matcha green tea powder in hot water, then fold it into the mascarpone mixture.
- In another bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold this into the matcha mascarpone mixture until combined.
- Pour the mousse into desired molds and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or until set.
Assembling the Tiramisu:
- Dip ladyfingers quickly into warm Matcha milk tea, line them at the base of the mold, on top of the mousse.
- Freeze mold for 24 hours.
- Remove from mold and plate with ladyfingers on bottom. Dust the top with fresh matcha green tea powder. Serve with berries.