Blueberry Yogurt Muffins
Recipe courtesy of Heidi Hoyt, Director of Hospitality, Glens Falls Country Club, Glens Falls, N.J.
- Measure flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl. Mix with spoon and set aside.
- Cream sugar, butter and vanilla on medium setting for three minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl and beat for one additional minute.
- With mixer on low, alternate between yogurt and flour mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Do not over-mix. Combine each addition until barely mixed in.
- Remove from mixer stand and fold in berries. If using frozen berries, allow to semi-defrost before folding into batter.
- Scoop batter onto sheet tray. Freeze.
- Before making muffins, remove doughs from freezer and drop into muffins papers, set into a muffin tin. Defrost overnight in fridge.
- Sprinkle tops with sugar and bake in 375° F oven until muffins are nicely browned (10-20 minutes) and a toothpick comes out clean.