Maine Lobster Fricassee with Five Farms Apple and Calvados Sauce
Recipe courtesy of Richard Jallet, Executive Chef, Baltimore (Md.) Country Club
- Maine lobsters - 4 ea. (approx. 1/5 lbs.)
- lobster cream - 8 ozs. (Chef's Note: Make from lobster shells, shallot, leeks and cream)
- celery leaves - 4 ozs.
- lemon juice - as needed
- extra virgin olive oil - as needed
- sea salt - as needed
- celery crisp - 2 ozs.
- all-purpose flour - as needed
- Five Farms apples - 4 ozs. (Granny Smith, preferred)
- Five Farm apple chips - 1 ea. (Chef’s Note: Make with simple syrup. Compress and dehydrate for garnish.)
- shallot - 1 ea.
- calvados - as needed
Blanch lobster for 5 minutes and chill. Remove all meat. Cut in big chunks and reserve. Reserve 4 claws for garnish. Make lobster butterfly from shell.
Make a lobster cream sauce from lobster shell, shallot, leeks, and cream. Reserve.
Toss celery leaves with lemon juice, EVOO, sea salt.
Cut celery crisp in julienne. Toss in flour, salt, and pepper. Deep-fry to golden brown.
Cut apples in small brunoise. Keep in citric acid and water until pickup.
Make chips with simple syrup that are compressed and dehydrated for garnish.
Finely diced shallots.
Sauté lobster chunks with shallots, add apple brunoise, deglaze with calvados, add cream sauce. Serve in a small bowl. Garnish with celery salad, celery crisp, lobster claw and dehydrated apple chip.