- Yield: 8 servings
Recipe courtesy of Chad Starr, Executive Pastry Chef, Country Club of Birmingham (Ala.)
- Roll pie dough into 11-inch circle.
- Mix egg with 3 tablespoons water thoroughly and reserve for later.
- Mix flour and sugar together and gently toss all berries into it.
- Add lemon juice, zest and vanilla and gently toss.
- Place berry mixture into center of pie dough. Gently fold up the sides to enclose the berries, leaving about 7 inches of berries exposed.
- Place onto baking sheet and brush with egg wash around the edge where crust is folded up.
- Sprinkle generously with turbinado sugar.
- Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool and brush with apricot glaze.
- Top with chantilly cream and toasted almonds or ice cream.