Sous Vide Salmon with Bittersweet Meyer Lemon Sauce
Recipe Courtesy of Dennis Mandragona, Executive Chef, Essex Fells (N.J.) Country Club.
- Place chilled salmon, compound butter, fennel and olive oil in a small bag and vacuum-seal it for 15 seconds with an eight-second seal.
- Place in 120°F water bath for at least 20 minutes, but not longer than one hour.
For Meyer Lemon Sauce
- Drain lemons and reserve juice. Puree in a blender and add 1 oz. olive oil until the juice is the desired consistency.
- Sweeten with sugar and pass all through a tamis into a squeeze bottle.
- Remove salmon from water bath and let sit for a couple of minutes while you heat up a sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Place a little oil in pan then add the salmon, serving-side up, with all juices from bag. Baste with serving spoon until the color is right. Plate with lobster, squash noodle, baby beet and pickled baby red onion over gnocchi roman and serve with the bitter-sweet Meyer lemon sauce, fennel oil and fried red onions.