candy cane martini
Recipe courtesy of Nathan Busch, Head Bartender, Sycamore Hills Golf Club
- Pour all liquids into a shaker tin without ice.
- Take two B&B plates, pour regular simple syrup on one and red and green sanding sugar on the other.
- Place a coupe glass in the simple syrup then place the glass into the red and green sugar to make a rim.
- Add ice into the shaker tin with all the liquids. Shake for 15 seconds, then strain into the coupe glass.
- Garnish with a mini candy cane.
Procedure for vanilla Demerara simple syrup:
- Fill half of a plastic quart container with demerara sugar.
- Add .5 oz. of Nielsen-Massey pure vanilla bean paste into the quart container.
- Fill the rest of the quart container with hot water and stir until mixed thoroughly. (Note: I use the hot water from our Bunn coffee makers to make all my simple syrups.)
- Put a lid on the container. Let it sit in a refrigerator overnight.