Recipe courtesy of Nathan Busch, Head Bartender, Sycamore Hills Golf Club
- Pour all liquids into a shaker tin without ice.
- Fill a large rocks glass with ice.
- Add ice into the shaker tin with all the liquids. Shake for 15 seconds. Strain into the large rocks glass.
- Put a mint sprig in your non-dominant hand, then slap it with your dominant hand. (This releases the aromatics within the mint.)
- Garnish with the mint sprig.
Procedure for cranberry-rosemary-mint simple syrup:
- Fill half of a plastic quart container with granulated white sugar.
- Add 6 oz. of Ocean Spray cranberry juice into the quart container.
- Torch four 6-inch rosemary sprigs on medium heat with a butane torch for 5-10 seconds, then add them to the quart container.
- Grab 25-30 mint leaves (slap all) and add them to the quart container.
- Fill up the rest of the quart container with hot water and stir until mixed thoroughly.
- Put a lid on the container. Let it sit in a refrigerator overnight.
- Strain out the mint leaves and rosemary the next day.