- Yield: Makes 6 6-7 ounce burgers
Recipe courtesy of Chef Clive Berkman, Garden Court Hotel, Palo Alto, Calif.
- Ribeye - 1 lb. (trimmed of excess fat)
- Brisket - 1 lb. (trimmed of excess fat)
- assorted mushrooms - 1 lb. (trumpet royal, shitakes, Nameko, Beech, Porcini)
- fresh thyme - 2 Tbsps.
- olive oil - 2 ozs.
- truffle shavings - 1/4 oz.
- steak seasoning - 4 ozs. (blend cracked pepper, coriander, cloves, tarragon, grey salt, paprika)
- caramelized sweet onion - 1, chopped
- Parmesan crips House Sauce - 6, (Remoulade base with horseradish and miso)
- roast cherry tomatoes - 12
- arugula - 1/2 cup
- brioche buns - 6, 3oz.
- Chop Mushrooms (1/4 inch). Heat 1 ounce olive oil on medium add mushrooms and cook stirring frequently for 3-4 minutes until tender. Add truffle peelings and thyme and allow to cool. Grind beef and fold in mushroom mix (gently). Shape into 6 ounce patties.
- Heat a cast iron skillet (medium heat ) add 1 ounce oil. Add burger patties and cook until required doneness. Toast bun.
- Build burger: Bun bottom- parmesan crisp-burger Pattie- caramelized onions- tomatoes- arugula and remoulade-bun top.