- Yield: 12 ea.
White Chocolate Panna Cotta, Apple Granita, Bowfin Caviar
Recipe courtesy of Pedro Sanchez, CEC, Executive Chef, BraeBurn Country Club (Houston, Texas)
- Panna Cotta
- gelatin - 6 sheets
- heavy cream - 4 cups
- mascarpone cheese - 1.5 cups
- condensed milk - 2 cups
- white chocolate ganache - 6 oz.
- bowfin caviar - 1/2 tsp.
- White Chocolate Ganache
- white chocolate chips - 1 lb.
- heavy cream - 1 cup
- Apple Granita
- fresh apple juice - 1 cup
- fresh-squeezed lemon juice - 1/4 cup
- sugar - 1/4 cup
- Put the gelatins sheets in water so they can bloom.
- In a bain-marie, heat up the white chocolate chips and heavy cream for the ganache. Blend until completely melted and set aside at room temperature.
- For the granita, mix all the ingredients and set up in the freezer in a shallow container. Every hour, scrape with a fork until fully frozen.
- For the panna cotta, heat up the heavy cream and mascarpone cheese in a pan. Bring to a soft boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the condensed milk. Once it's fully incorporated, add the gelatin sheets and set aside until the mixture is room temperature.
- Fold in the white chocolate ganache and pour the mixture on the silicone mold of your choice. Let it freeze overnight.
- Get the panna cotta out of the mold, frozen, and place right into the plate of choice for serving. (Chef's note: It’s a very soft panna cotta.)
- Top with a tablespoon of the granita and a 1/2 teaspoon of bowfin caviar.