Recipe courtesy of Caitlyn Kocsis, Executive Chef of Bald Head Island Club
- ahi tuna - 2 oz.
- daikon purée - 2 oz. (recipe follows)
- melon - 2 oz. (honeydew or cantaloupe)
- red pepper - 2 oz., roasted
- cucumber - 1 oz., shaved
- cream cheese - 1 oz.
- Sriracha pearls - 1 Tbsp. (recipe follows)
- diced daikon - 3 cups
- rice wine vinegar - 2 cups
- sugar - 1/2 cup
- mustard seed - 2 Tbsp.
- Sriracha - 1/2 cup
- water - 1 cup
- agar-agar - 2 Tbsp.
- grapeseed oil - 2 cups, very cold
- pomegranate juice - 14 oz.
- agar-agar - 1 tsp.
Procedure for daikon purée
- Cook liquid to boil and pour over radish.
- Let sit 1 day before draining liquid and puréeing.
Procedure for Sriracha pearls
- In a small saucepan, bring the Sriracha and water to a boil.
- Add the agar-agar and mix until fully incorporated.
- Put the mixture in a small tip squirt bottle.
- Slowly drip the sriracha mixture into the cold oil. The pearls should be uniform in size.
- Wait ten minutes before rinsing the pearls with cool water.
- Serve with the tuna roulade, pomegranate coulis and daikon purée.
Procedure for pomegranate coulis
- Bring the pomegranate juice to boil before adding the agar-agar.
- Stir completely, then chill the reduction overnight. It will solidify.
- Blend the mixture until smooth and store in a squeeze bottle until needed for garnish.