- Yield: 4 servings
Thai Seared Saku Tuna on Wasabi Pea Mango Chutney with Yuzu Crème Fraiche and Fried Chiffonade Sweet Potato
Recipe courtesy of Morten Wulff, Executive Chef, Green Island Country Club, Columbus, Ga.
- Saku block tuna loin - 1 lb.
- Thai seasoning - 4 Tbsps.
- chutney - (see recipe below)
- yuzu crème fraiche - (see recipe below)
- sweet potato - 1, cut into thin julienne strips, fried until crisp, drained and seasoned
- For Chutney
- wasabi peas - 1/2 cup
- mango chutney - 3 Tbsps.
- diced mango - 1/3 cup
- roasted red peppers - 2 Tbsps., diced
- For Yuzu Crème Fraiche
- crème fraiche - 1/2 cup
- yuzu juice - 2 Tbsps.
- salt - to taste
- white pepper - to taste
For Saku Tuna:
- Cut tuna loin into four steaks. Coat with Thai seasoning.
- Sear the tuna in grapeseed oil, then set aside.
- Chop the wasabi peas fine and combine with the rest of the ingredients.
For Yuzu Créme Fraiche:
- Add the yuzu juice to the créme fraiche and season to taste. Put into a squeeze bottle.
- Slice tuna loin at an angle. Place on top of chutney.
- Decorate with créme fraiche and top with sweet potato.