Tahini & Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb
Recipe courtesy of James "J.P." Patterson, Executive Chef, Porters Neck Country Club, Wilmington, N.C.
Photo courtesy of True Aussie Beef & Lamb
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Finely chop parsley, oregano, basil, mint, and rosemary. Set aside.
- Season rack of lamb with a good layer of tahini, followed by a generous dose of coarse kosher salt and cracked black pepper.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Into the hot cast iron pan, add in 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, along with the lamb and garlic. Sear all sides of the lamb until browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove browned lamb and place it onto a baking sheet.
- Remove garlic and add to the food processor along with lemon juice and 4 oz. softened butter.
- Brush the top and sides of the lamb with lemon-garlic butter.
- Coat the top and sides of the lamb with the chopped herb mixture and roast in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow resting before slicing.