- Yield: 8
Sweet Potato Wedges with California Avocado Chimichurri
Recipe courtesy of California Avocado Commission.
- sweet poatoes - 4 medium (2 lbs.)
- olive oil - 2 Tbsp.
- queso fresco, crumbled fine - 1 oz.
- smoked paprika - 2 tsp.
- sea salt - .5 tsp.
- ground pepper - .5 tsp.
- California Avocado Chimichurri
- shallot, roughly chopped - 1
- green onions, roughly chopped - 2
- garlic clove - 2
- jalapeno, stemmed and roughly chopped - 1
- cilantro - 1/2 cup
- flat leaf parsley - 1/2 cup
- fresh oregano - 1 Tbsp.
- red wine vinegar - 1 Tbsp.
- fresh lemon juice - 1 Tbsp.
- extra virgin olive oil - 1/2 cup
- salt - to taste
- avocado, ripe, diced - 3
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Wash and dry sweet potatoes and cut into 2″ wedges.
- Put the wedges, paprika, salt and pepper in a large plastic bag and toss to coat.
- Arrange sweet potatoes, being careful not to overlap them, on a large rimmed baking tray. Drizzle olive oil on each wedge.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until edges are brown. Serve warm with California Avocado Chimichurri for dipping.
For California Avocado Chimichurri:
- In a food processor, combine the shallot, green onions, garlic and salt. Process until finely chopped. Add the jalapeno and pulse until chopped.
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse until roughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, roughly mash the avocados, adding spoonfuls of the chimichurri blend until seasoned to taste.
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.