Street Corn Salad
Recipe courtesy of Dean Bales, Chef De Cuisine, Sawgrass Country Club (Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla.)
- fresh corn - 10 ea.
- mayonnaise - 1.5 cups
- cumin - 1/4 cup
- paprika - 4 Tbsp.
- cilantro - 1 bunch, chopped
- lime juice - 2 ea.
- blackening seasoning - ¼ cup
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- cotija cheese
- green onion curls
- Sriracha aioli
- Cut fresh corn off the cob.
- Spread corn on baking sheet and put into oven at 350° F for 10 minutes.
- Cut up cilantro and tomato.
- Mix up cooked corn, tomato, cilantro, cumin (1/4 cup), paprika (4 Tbsp.), salt and pepper to taste, limes (2 limes juiced) and mayo (1.5 cups).
- Cut up green onion curls and ice to give curly effect.
Procedure for Seared Tuna
- Season tuna with blackening seasoning (1/4 cup).
- Sear tuna to perfection on medium heat for 2 minutes on both sides in a hot pan.
Procedure for Plating
- Use the street corn mixture as the base, and place the seared tuna on top.
- Top the final product with cotija cheese and green onion curls.
- Place Sriracha aioli garnish on the plate