Recipe courtesy of Lesley Hart, Sous Chef, Myers Park Country Club, Charlotte, NC. Photo courtesy of Meridith McKenzie, Admin, Myers Park Country Club, Charlotte, NC.
- strawberries - 6 cups, stemmed and quartered
- cucumber, english - 2 1/4 cup, peeled, seeded and diced
- red bell pepper - 1 1/4 cup, diced
- green bell pepper - 3/4 cup, diced
- tomato juice - 6 Tbsps.
- red wine vinegar - 3 Tbsps.
- extra virgin olive oil - 1/2 cup
- Tabasco sauce - 1-2 ozs.
- garlic clove - 1 each, crushed
- salt - to taste
- Add strawberries, cucumber, peppers, garlic clove, olive oil, tomato juice, vinegar, and salt to bowl. Toss to combine and cover with plastic wrap. Let mixture marinate for 4 hours at room temperature.
- Blend mixture together until smooth.
- Strain through a chinois.
- Chill soup. Best if served the next day.
- Season to taste with tabasco, salt, and pepper.
- Garnish with grilled French baguette, micro salad, shaved radish, and strawberry chips.