Spring Vegetable Caesar
Recipe courtesy of Kaui Stryhn, Executive Chef, The Commonwealth Club, Richmond, Va.
- Selection of seasonal vegetables, such as:
- purple cauliflower
- wild mushrooms
- garlic scapes
- Additional Ingredients:
- lemon zest/juice
- black pepper
- Caesar dressing
- roasted garlic crisp - (puff pastry, roasted garlic puree, Parmesan cheese)
- white anchovy
- shaed midnight moon cheese or Parmasan Reggiano
- Cut vegetables to desired size/shape.
- Separately blanch the asparagus, peas, romanesca, purple cauliflower, and carrots in salted boiling water for a minute or so; shock in ice bath immediately, drain and let dry on paper towels and reserve.
- Toss wild mushrooms with EVOO, salt and pepper and roast; let cool.
- Leave radishes and garlic scapes raw, and slice thin.
- Take one sheet of puff pastry and spread a thin layer of roasted garlic puree on one side, then sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese, cut into ¼-inch strips, twist and bake.
- Place all cooked/blanched (but cold and dry) vegetables in a bowl and toss with EVOO, lemon zest/juice, and salt and black pepper.
- In the bottom of a bowl, spoon a “puddle” of Caesar dressing.
- Place vegetable mix in a neat pile on top of the dressing.
- Garnish with roasted garlic crisp, white anchovy, and shaved cheese.