Recipe courtesy of Melissa Root, Executive Pastry Chef, Farmington Country Club (Charlottesville, Va.)
- Blend all wet ingredients in a blender.
- Sift dry goods and place in a mixing bowl.
- Mix on speed #1 and slowly stream in the first third of the wet ingredients.
- Mix on speed #3 thoroughly and scrape down.
- Continue mixing on speed #2. Slowly add the next third and scrape down.
- Turn down to speed #1 and slowly add the rest of the wet ingredients.
- Scrape down to ensure batter is fully mixed.
- Spread in lined sheet pan with a slight dip in center of pan.
- Bake nested in a second pan at 350° F (top and bottom) for approximately 40 minutes.
- Let rest for 15 minutes, cover with parchment paper and wrap.