- Yield: 4 servings
Southwest Steak Salad
Recipe courtesy of Jacob Collins, Executive Chef, Moccasin Creek Country Club, Aberdeen, S.D.
- chopped romaine - 3 ozs.
- flat iron steak - 5 ozs.
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- mesquite seasoning - to taste
- corn and black bean mix - 1 oz., Simplot brand prepared
- egg - 1, hard-cooked
- cherry tomatoes - 6 halves
- avocado - 1/2, sliced
- chipotle ranch dressing - 2 ozs., see recipe below
- For Chipotle Ranch Dressing
- Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing - 1pkg., seasoning mix
- buttermilk - 2 qts.
- heavy mayonnaise - 1/2 gal.
- sour cream - 2 cups
- Minor's brand chipotle base - 1/4 cup
For Chipotle Ranch Dressing
- Mix all ingredients together and let sit overnight before using.
For Southwest Steak Salad
- Season steak with salt and pepper. Vacuum-pack and cook sous vide at 127°F for two hours.
- Sprinkle steak with mesquite seasoning and grill until medium rare. Let steak rest for two minutes before slicing across the grain.
- In a bowl toss romaine, corn mix, tomatoes and chipotle ranch dressing.
- Place salad in a large pasta bowl, with the avocado and egg sliced and shingled on the side.
- Place sliced steak on top of salad and serve.