- Yield: 6 chops
Sous Vide Pork Chop
Recipe courtesy of Melinda Burrows, Executive Chef, Hickory Hills CC (Springfield, Mo.)
- Mix water, salt, sugar and vinegar together, making sure the sugar and salt completely dissolve in the brine. Set aside.
- To assemble, place one chop, one pat of butter and 1 Tbsp. of house herb mix into a cryovac bag. Then add one 1/4 cup of brine. Be sure to keep bags upright, so they don’t spill. One chop, and its accompaniments, per bag. Once filled, seal the bags with the VacMaster.
- Sous vide at 145° for 1 hour, being sure to rotate chops in water once during the hour.
- Cool immediately in a single layer on a sheet tray.
- Remove prepared chop and grill to desired doneness.