Shrimp & Grilled Corn Soup
Recipe courtesy of Marvin Herrera, Executive Chef, Augusta (Ga.) Country Club
- corn - 1 ear, grilled and off the cob
- bacon - 2 strips, diced
- yellow onion - 1/4 cup, small dice
- carrot - 1/4 cup, small dice
- flour - 1 Tbsp.
- shrimp stock - 1 cup
- small shrimp - 1 cup
- cream of corn - 14 ozs.
- heavy cream - 1/2 cup
- parsley - 1 Tbsp., chopped
- salt and white pepper - to taste
- hot sauce - to taste
- For Garnish (Optional)
- corn - 2 Tbsps., grilled, cut off cob
- red pepper - 1 Tbsp., small dice
- bacon - 2 Tbsps., crispy, chopped
- Grill corn. Remove from cob.
- In a medium saucepan on medium heat, cook bacon until almost crispy. Add onions, celery, and carrots and sauté until translucent. Add the flour and cook for a few minutes. Add the shrimp stock and stir until well-combined and flour is dissolved. Bring to a simmer.
- Add the shrimp and cream of corn. Simmer until shrimp is cooked through.
- Finish by adding the heavy cream and chopped parsley. Adjust seasoning with salt, pepper, and hot sauce.
- Optional: Combine all garnish ingredients together and add to top of soup before serving in warm bowls.