Recipe courtesy of Mario Pagan, Executive Chef, Dorado Beach in Puerto Rico.
- garlic oil - 4 ozs.
- Caribbean lobster - 4 ozs., halved
- squid - 2 ozs., cut into rings
- 16/20 shrimp - 3 ea., cleaned with tail on
- 20/30 scallops - 2 ozs.
- green mussels - 3 ozs., clean, leave on shell
- annatto oil - 2 ozs.
- shallots - 2 ozs.
- Bomba rice - 1 cup
- seafood stock - 2.5 cups
- sweet green peas - 2 ozs.
- piquillo peppers - 1 oz., jullienned
- parsley - 1 oz., chopped
- saffron - pinch
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Over medium-high heat in a paellera, add 2oz garlic oil and the seafood already salted.
- After everything is well seared, remove from pan and leave aside and lower temperature.
- Add the rest of the garlic and annatto oil, then add shallots and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Incorporate Bomba rice and mix throughly to paint evenly the rice with the annatto oil.
- Then cover rice plus about 1/4 inch more with the seafood stock.
- Bring to boil let seafood stock dry out some.
- Finish cooking in the oven until desire crispiness.
- At the same time finish cooking thoroughly all the seafood previously seared.
- Once it has reach your desired crispiness, remove and scrape paellera rice into a mixing bowl, also adding half of the seafood pieces.
- Now serve back into the paellera the rice mixed with the delicious seafood, and arrange the other half of seafood on top. Finish with peas, peppers and saffron and garnish with chopped parsley on top.