Salmon with Cucumber and Feta Salsa
Recipe courtesy of Jose Zavala, Executive Chef, Chattahoochie Country Club, Gainesville, Ga.
- cedar planks - 4
- Scottish salmon - 4, 6-oz. pieces
- light brown sugar - 1 Tbsp.
- seedless cucumber - 1, peeled and cut into small dice
- green capsicum pepper - 1, cut into small dice
- vine-ripened tomato - 1, seeded and cut into small dice
- feta cheese - 7 ozs.
- Italian parsley - 1 1/2 tsp., chopped
- mint - 1/2 tsp., minced
- lemon - 1, medium-size, juice and zest
- extra-virgin olive oil - 1/4 cup
- Sriracha - to taste
- sea salt - to taste
- For the salmon: Sear the salmon, place it on top of the cedar plank, and sprinkle with brown sugar. Place it on the broiler to caramelize the sugar.
- Cook to desired temperature.
- For the salsa: In a bowl, mix well the cucumbers, capsicum, shallot, feta, parsley, mint and lemon zest.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice and a pinch of sriracha and sea salt to taste; mix well.
- To serve: Plate salmon and top with salsa.