Roasted Gorgonzola Stuffed Sweet Onions
Recipe courtesy of Duane Keller, Executive Chef of Belle Haven Country Club.
- For roasted onions
- large yellow onions - 12 ea.
- olive oil - 3 ozs. (6 Tbsps.)
- salt and pepper - to taste
- For gorgonzola stuffing
- gorgonzola cheese - 12 ozs., crumbled
- chives - 3/4 cup, minced, fresh
- brioche - 3 cups, diced
- pepper - to taste
- olive oil - 3/4 cup
- eggs - 6 to 8 ea.
- For Roasted Onions: Peel and scoop out about half the center of each onion. Rub onions with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast covered in 350°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden and semi-soft to touch. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature.
- For Gorgonzola Stuffing: Combine all ingredients except eggs. Add enough eggs to make a moist stuffing. Refrigerate for 20 minutes to allow bread to absorb ingredients.
- Fill roasted onions with stuffing and bake uncovered in a 350°F oven for 12 to 15 minutes.