- Yield: 1/2 sheet cake pan, 3-in. tall
Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake
Recipe courtesy of Jennifer Kopp, Executive Pastry Chef, The Metropolitan Club of Washington (D.C.)
- For graham crust
- graham cracker crumbs - 2 lbs.
- butter - 1 lb., melted
- granualted sugar - 8 ozs.
- For cheesecake filling
- cream cheese - 3 lbs., 7 ozs.
- granulated sugar - 1 lb., 6 ozs.
- sour cream - 1 lb., 4 ozs.
- eggs - 13
- vanilla - to taste
- canned pumpkin - 18 3/4 ozs.
- cinnamon - 2 tsps.
- ginger - 1/2 tsp.
- nutmeg - 1/4 tsp.
- cloves - 1/4 tsp.
- ganache - for swirl, melted
For graham crust
- Spray and paper the bottom of a rectangular ½-sheet cake pan.
- Mix graham crumbs, butter, and sugar together well.
- Press crumb mixture into the bottom of cake pans, approx. 1/3-in. thick.
- Bake at 300º F. in convection oven for 3 to 5 minutes, just to set. Let cool.
For cheesecake filling
- Cream the cream cheese and sugar until soft.
- Add sour cream. Scrape bowl well.
- Add eggs and flavorings slowly.
- Pour into pans with graham crust.
- Drizzle or pipe melted ganache lines over the top.
- Drag a paring knife through the lines to create a marble pattern.
- Bake at 270˚ F. in a convection oven in a water bath, until firm
- Cool, then freeze cake. Unmold frozen cheesecake and cut into rectangles.
- Serve with pistachio semifreddo, pistachio streusel, and burgundy poached pears.