Poached Lobster with Grilled Peaches
Recipe courtesy of Joseph M. Leonardi, CMC, MAT, Director of Culinary Operations, The Country Club (TCC) in Chestnut Hill, Mass.
- 1# Maine Lobster - 2 each
- buerre monte - 1 pint
- tarragon - 2 sprigs
- parsley - 2 sprigs
- dill - 2 sprigs
- peach - 1 each, cut into 8 wedges
- flavored simple syrup (tarragon, dill, black pepper) - 1 cup
- blood orange segments - 8 each
- tapioca, fennel flavored - 1.5 cups, cooked
- blood-orange hollandaise - 1 cup
- Break down lobster, keeping claws and tails intact. Place in salted boiling water for 2 minutes
- Remove and shock in ice water, crack claws and tails and pull meat.
- Place in a ½ hotel pan, pour beurre monte over lobster, with sprigs of tarragon, parsley and dill, cover and oven poach. Ladle butter sauce periodically over lobster while cooking.
- Place peaches in a cryo vac bag, pour simple syrup over them and compress. Remove from bag 15 minutes later and grill.
Notes: Serve in a bowl and place 2 tbsp of hollandaise on the bottom, then place 1 tablespoon of tapioca. Arrange 1 claw and a ½ of lobster tail on top. Garnish with 2 blood orange segments and a fennel-mache salad