Peruvian Chicken with Olive Oil Braised Potatoes, Olives, Summer Beans and Aji Verde
Recipe courtesy of Aaron Anderson, Executive Chef, Interlachen Country Club (Edina, Minn.)
- Ingredients for Marinade
- garlic cloves - 33 gms.
- soy sauce - 92 gms.
- sriracha - 28 gms.
- lime juice - 22 gms.
- chile powder - 6 gms.
- dijon - 13 gms.
- black pepper - 6 gms.
- salt - 8 gms
- 3 lb. chicken - 2 ea.
- Ingredients for Aji Verde
- seranno peppers - 15 gms., stems and seeds removed
- aji amarillo paste - 17 gms.
- cilantro - 48 gms., whole
- cotija cheese - 6 gms.
- garlic clove - 4 ea.
- blended oil - 14 gms.
- distilled white vinegar - 9 gms.
- lime juice - 6 gms.
- mayonnaise - 143 gms.
- Ingredients for oil braise potatoes
- potatoes (marbles or fingerlings) - 2 lbs.
- salt - 1 1/2 tsps.
- onion - 6 ozs.
- EVOO - 2 cups
- white wine - 1 1/3 cups
- rosemary - 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp., minced
- garlic - 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp., minced
- Aji Amarillo - 2 Tbsps.
Procedure for Marinade:
- Combine all 9 ingredients in Vitamix and process until smooth paste forms.
- Season chicken with salt and black pepper and rub down the chicken with marinade until well coated.
- Bag and vacuum seal chicken and allow to marinate overnight.
Procedure for Aji Verde:
- Combine the first 8 ingredients in Vitamix and process until smooth paste forms.
- Transfer to a bowl and whisk in mayonnaise. Season with salt.
Procedure for Olive Oil Braised Potatoes
- Combine all ingredients and mix to combine.
- Place in a half hotel pan and cover tightly with foil.
- Cook at 350 degrees F, #4 fan, 100% humidity for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from oven and remove foil. Allow potatoes to cool in oil.
- Grill half chicken until cooked through and allow to rest. Warm potatoes in braising oil until hot. Add chopped cilantro, halved Kalamata olives and blanched summer beans to order. Warm through and serve with grilled chicken and aji verde on the side for dipping.