Ora King Salmon Crudo
Recipe courtesy of Timothy Donahue, Executive Chef, Barrington Hills Country Club (Barrington, Ill.)
- Ora King salmon belly - 4 oz.
- coconut milk - 8 oz.
- Thai red curry paste - 2 oz.
- shallot - 1 ea., rough chopped
- garlic - 2 cloves, smashed
- ginger - 1 oz., rough chopped
- lemongrass - 2 oz., rough chopped
- cucumber - 1 ea., thinly sliced
- avocado - 1 ea.
- lime zest and juice - 2 limes
- olive oil - 1/2 cup
- chives - 1/4 lb.
Procedure for Curry Sauce
- Sweat shallots, garlic, ginger and lemongrass until translucent.
- Add coconut milk and curry paste.
- Simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cover with plastic wrap. Steep for 30 minutes.
Strain Sauce and Chill
Procedure for Avocado + Lime Crème
- Add avocado to blender with 1/4 cup of cold water.
- Blend together with lime zest and juice until smooth.
- Season to taste.
- Transfer to squeeze bottle.
Procedure for Chive Oil
- Blend 1/2 cup of olive oil with 1/4 pound of chives.
- Strain through cheese cloth.