Recipe courtesy of Jaime Ellis, Pastry Chef, Kings Creek Country Club, Rehoboth Beach, Del.
- flour - 3 cups
- salt - 1.5 tsp.
- active yeast - 2 tsp.
- sugar - 1 tsp.
- warm water - 1.5 cups
- garlic powder - 1/2 tsp.
- chili flakes - 1 tsp.
- rosemary - 1 tsp., chopped
- Spanish olives - .5 cup, chopped
- kalamata olives - .5 cup., chopped
- Combine flour, salt, yeast, sugar, garlic powder, chili flakes and rosemary in a large bowl.
- Form a well in the center of the mix. Slowly pour in warm water and mix with your hand until a sticky dough forms.
- Add olives and mix until combined.
- Place the dough in a clean, greased bowl and cover lightly with plastic wrap.
- Place in a warm spot and allow to rise for 2 hours.
- Turn dough onto a well-floured surface. Knead into a smooth ball and place in a greased 8-inch round pan.
- Allow to rise another 20 minutes. Sprinkle top with kosher salt if desired.
- Bake in 400°F oven for 45 minutes.