New York-Style Cheesecake
Recipe courtesy of Joshua Elder, Executive Chef, Indian Hills Country Club, Tuscaloosa, Ala.
- Make the crust: Mix graham cracker crumbs and cinnamon; add butter or margarine.
- Press crust onto bottom and 2/3rds of the way up a 9” springform pan lined with parchment. Wrap a large piece of foil around the bottom of the pan.
- Freeze until filling is prepared.
- Make the filling: Use an electric mixer to mix cream cheese, sugar, sour cream and vanilla.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl; add to cream cheese mixture. Blend just until eggs are incorporated.
- Remove crust from freezer and pour in filling.
- Preheat oven to 475º F. Place a large pan filled with 1/2” water in oven. Carefully place cheesecake into preheated water bath. Bake for 12 minutes, then turn oven to 350º F. and bake until top of cheesecake turns golden, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Remove cake to a wire rack to cool.