- Yield: 36 rolls
Recipe courtesy of Tracy Hoffer, CWPC, Executive Pastry Chef, Chevy Chase (Md.) Club.
- Combine bread flour, milk powder, yeast, salt and eggs in a 12qt mixer bowl.
- Heat 2nd bread flour and water to a nape stage stirring constantly.
- Add honey and heavy cream to water/flour until honey is dissolved (do not heat up more than needed).
- Bring off heat and pour into mixer bowl with flour mixture.
- With a dough hook, mix all together adding butter in tablespoon increments.
- Mix until window pane is achieved.
- Proof on top of Blodgett oven in oiled bowl until doubled in size.
- Scale out .5 pieces, round.
- Place 3 rounds into sprayed muffin pans (creating a clover shape).
- Egg wash, and let proof covered with plastic wrap lightly until doubled in size.
- Bake in Blodgett oven @ 350F for 6 minutes, rotate, 6 minutes until golden brown on top.