Lobster Cannelloni with lobster veloute, butter-poached lobster claw, gorgonzola crema, lobster-fennel froth and fennel fronds
Recipe courtesy of Tim Pervizi, Executive Chef, Huntingdon Valley (Pa.) Country Club
- lobster - 1 2lb. (poached, tail, claw and knuckle meat removed)
- lobster stock - 2 qts.
- unsalted butter - 1 lb.
- fennel broth - 2 cups
- Spanish onions - 2
- stalk celery - 1
- stalk carrot - 1
- all purpose flour - 3 cups
- egg yolks - 4 lbs.
- mascarpone cheese - 2 cups
- heavy cream - 1 qt.
- gorgonzola - to taste
For Paste Dough:
- In a stand-up mixer with a paddle attachment, add 2 lbs. of egg yolks gradually to 1 kilo of “00” flour. Mix until elastic and evenly distributed. Take out and let rest in refrigeration for at least 20 minutes, covered with damp cloth.
- Roll pasta into sheets, twice through each numerical setting on the machine until you get to number 6. Cut into four-inch by four-inch squares and reserve.
For Lobster Filling:
- Add ½-lb. diced lobster meat, 2 cups mascarpone, 4 cups chilled lobster veloute (see recipe below), small-diced blanched mirepoix vegetables and kosher salt to taste to a nonreactive mixing bowl. Mix with a rubber spatula until all ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Pipe roughly 3 tbsp. of mixture into the center of each pasta square and roll into cylinder.
For Lobster Veloute:
- Whisk 1.5 pints of lobster stock into basic roux, using AP flour and unsalted butter.
For Gorgonzola Crema:
- Reduce heavy cream on low heat until nearly stiff in consistency.
- Pour into Vitamix and on low speed, add in desired amount of crumbled gorgonzola.
For Lobster Fennel Froth:
- Combine warm fennel froth and lobster stock to taste in a sauce pan. Add 1 tbsp. soy lecithin. Froth with immersion blender.