Lemon Raspberry Cookies
Recipe courtesy of Christine Anschuetz, Pastry Chef, Red Run Golf Club (Royal Oak, Mich.)
- butter - 340 gms.
- granulated sugar - 600 gms.
- whole egg - 150 gms.
- vanilla extract - 10 gms.
- fresh lemon juice - 45 gms.
- lemon zest - 10 gms.
- citric acid - 2 gms.
- all-purpose flour - 570 gms.
- baking powder - 8 gms.
- baking soda - 3 gms.
- frozen raspberries - 150 gms.
- white chocolate - 50 gms., chopped
- Preheat oven to 350° F with a low fan.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment.
- Cream butter, adding sugar, and continue to paddle until fluffy. Add eggs and mix to incorporate well.
- Mix with rubber spatula and add to butter mixture.
- Sift and add gently to the butter mixture using the paddle. Mix just until fully incorporated.
- Freeze raspberries at least one hour to prevent the immediate crushing when blending in. Chop chocolate as roughly as you prefer, or leave it whole if you prefer larger chunks.
- Gently fold in the berries and chocolate.
- Chill this dough for one hour minimum. (Chef's note: Can be held in cooler to scoop as needed or scooped and frozen for later use.)
- Once scooped, roll in coarse crystal sugar and bake 12-15 minutes. Cool completely before removing from parchment.