Recipe courtesy of Brian J. Sode CMC, AAC, Executive Chef, The Bear’s Club, Jupiter, Fla.
- Boar's Head Kielbasa - 160 ozs.
- canola oil - 1/4 cup
- Cajun seasoning - 1 Tbsp.
- paprika - 2 Tbsps.
- tomatoe paste - 6 Tbsps.
- fresh onion - 12 ozs, medium dice
- large green bell peppers - 3 ea., medium dice
- medium red bell pepper - 1 ea., medium dice
- scallions - 1 cup, tops and bulb, fine slice
- medium celery stalk - 6 ea., medium dice
- fresh garlic cloves - 1 Tbsp., minced
- dried thyme - 2 Tbsps.
- Dasani bottled water - 8-qt.
- dark chicken stock - 2 cups
- kosher salt - 1 Tbsp.
- coarse ground black pepper - 1 tsp.
- guar gum - 2 Tbsps.
- cornstarch - 1 cup
- file powder - 1 Tbsp.
- Collassal crabmeat - 16 ozs., drained
- 8/12 shrimp - 16 ozs., cooked, medium dice
- Dice kielbasa, medium dice.
- Sauté kielbasa in hot pan. Add Cajun seasoning, paprika and tomato paste.
- Add vegetables, garlic and thyme and cook until lightly caramelized.
- Add water and stock. Season with salt and pepper.
- Thicken with guar gum and corn starch slurry. (Add more corn starch slurry to obtain desired consistency.)
- Finish by seasoning with file powder.
- Garnish with bronzed crabmeat and shrimp. Season to taste. Serve.